Add a scroll bar to a top nav side menu?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
mamarachel
Propeller Head

Add a scroll bar to a top nav side menu?

Post by mamarachel »

Hi,
We want to use two side menus in some of our pages. We are usng top navigation. The idea on these pages is to give users two ways to access topics on services in our catalog. I created a master page with two menu proxies and two TOCs, one an alphabetical list of services and one a category list and have assigned it to the topics that I want to display the two side menus. The menu proxies on the master page have context sensitive turned off and are set to display all items. However, since the TOCs are long (100s of service topics), they are too long on the page. I'd like to be able to have a scroll bar in the side menus. Does anyone have a side menu skin that will do this or know if there is a way I can do this?

Thank you!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Add a scroll bar to a top nav side menu?

Post by NorthEast »

Set a maximum height for the menu, and set it's overflow to auto - which means a scrollbar is displayed if it's larger than the max height.

For example, add this to your stylesheet:

Code: Select all

ul.menu
{
    max-height: 20em;
    overflow: auto;
}
Using ul.menu will style both menus.
If you want to set them individually, put each menu proxy inside a div tag, and set different heights on the two div tags.
mamarachel
Propeller Head

Post by mamarachel »

Perfect. I knew there had to be a way to add auto, but wasn't sure how to do it. Thanks!
RecPerch
Propeller Head

Post by RecPerch »

FOUND: Heh. Finally found it in Flare Help. You set the height or max-height inside the SideMenu skin. D'oh!

Skin: Top Nav
Master Page: OtherTopicsFixedSideMenu

Is it possible to add a scroll bar to a FIXED side menu?

I added the css scroll info here (just a guess on my part), but results were unexpected (bad).

Code: Select all

div.ContentRow > div:nth-child(1)
{
	width: 25.333%;
	margin-left: 0%;
	height: 80%;
	overflow: auto;
}

RESULTS
FixedMenuScrollbar.png
The vertical space of the scrollbar is too short. When I scroll the BODY, the scrollbars scroll off the page and the actual FIXED side menu then appears (without scrollbars). So obviously I have no idea what I'm doing :)

Gary
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.