Localizing the "Select Language" tooltip

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
djohnson
Propeller Head

Localizing the "Select Language" tooltip

Post by djohnson »

I am using the Select Language button on the topic toolbar to allow the user to change languages.

I have added a Language Skin to my project (in the Advanced folder), and my edits to the Print and Search Submit buttons work just fine.

Unfortunately, the text for the Select Language tooltip is in English in all the language skins I am using (the very definition of irony), an when I edit it, my built project still shows the English text for each language.

If I edit the tooltip directly in the Toolbar skin, this works fine, but I am using a Language Skin for other reasons (Print) and would like to only have to customize strings in one place.

Does anyone have an idea about why this might not be working? Is it possibly something I'm doing wrong? (Although as I said, the localized Print and Search Submit button edits show up in the build just fine).

Thanks for any ideas you may have...
Don Johnson
Flare 2020r3, Windows 10 in a Parallels VM on a 16" MacBook Pro [as of March 2021]
djohnson
Propeller Head

Re: Localizing the "Select Language" tooltip

Post by djohnson »

In order to report this as a bug, I created a small set of projects (English & Spanish) to demonstrate the problem...and found (gasp!) that in the new project it was working as it should (the Advanced > Language Skin localization was being used).

Somewhere along the line I managed to muck up where the tooltip text was coming from, and got English stuck there. I rebuilt my TopicToolbar skin and Spanish Language skin from scratch and now my project works as it should.

:oops:
Don Johnson
Flare 2020r3, Windows 10 in a Parallels VM on a 16" MacBook Pro [as of March 2021]