Page numbers appearing in online Xrefs

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Finner
Propeller Head

Page numbers appearing in online Xrefs

Post by Finner »

I have set up my project to print as a PDF and to produce HTML5 output. Most of my links are cross-references, using Madcap:xref. In the PDF output the link appears with a page number, as it should. Unfortunately, in the online output the link appears with a page number as well (always "1"). This happens regardless of which medium I choose as Primary. I also tried using "Tools-Update Cross-References" but this doesn't solve the problem either. Any ideas what would cause this?
Finner
Propeller Head

Re: Page numbers appearing in online Xrefs

Post by Finner »

I just answered my own question by following the instructions under http://www.flareforhelp.com/page/55/ .
For my HTML5 target, I went to the "Advanced" tab and found that "Stylesheet medium" was set to "print." After I changed that to "non-print" and rebuilt the HTML5, the page numbers no longer appeared in online output.
machivv
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by machivv »

Does that mean you need a different stylesheet for a pdf output and for a web output?
paintedturtle
Propeller Head

Post by paintedturtle »

machivv wrote:Does that mean you need a different stylesheet for a pdf output and for a web output?
Yes! Definitely.
Technical Writer using and experimenting with Flare version 12.0.5991.
Matze
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Matze »

I suppose not. You can use one style sheet for all stuff. Switch the medium in the stylesheet editor from default to print or non-print as required.