how to publish and setup IIS8 (on Server 2012R2) -Flare 2017

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
CS2017
Jr. Propeller Head

how to publish and setup IIS8 (on Server 2012R2) -Flare 2017

Post by CS2017 »

Hello, my Flare guy has published a set of folders/files that need to be accesses via our internal network. For that I have been trying to set up an IIs web server, the problem I have is that when i use the Default.htm ( ..wwwroot\default.htm) nothing shows. If i use the home.htm ( ..wwwroot\content\default.htm) only the text show, css is not found and other links.

The htm line referencing 1 css looks like this:
<link href="../Skins/Default/Stylesheets/Slideshow.css" rel="stylesheet" data-mc-generated="True" />

I assume that once the server calls home.htm it can not find the directory ../Skins/Default/Stylesheets/Slideshow.css

Is this a problem in the way the Flare project is being published? or the IIS configuration?
How can this be fix or is there a set of instructions that shows the setup using flare 2017 and IISS 8?

Any help is appreciated.
Best regards
GregStenhouse
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: how to publish and setup IIS8 (on Server 2012R2) -Flare

Post by GregStenhouse »

Sounds like an IIS issue. Does it work if you have the help system under a subfolder (e.g. wwwroot/help), and access via localhost/help? You shouldn't need to call default.htm directly if Default Document is set up in IIS.
dtmenges
Propeller Head

Re: how to publish and setup IIS8 (on Server 2012R2) -Flare

Post by dtmenges »

You mentioned Default.htm and home.htm. Flare by generates Default.htm. You may need to use IIS Manager to add Default.htm to the IIS Default document.

I'm still on Server 2008 R2 and IIS 7 so I'm not real sure of the exact steps to do that in IIS 8. You can also change the Flare target Output file to index.htm or index.html which is typical for web sites. That is probably what IIS is looking for.

Sorry I don't have much more to offer. I go pick the brains of our developers if I get any deeper than this.