Sharing ideas for formatting notes

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
chrispitude
Propeller Head

Sharing ideas for formatting notes

Post by chrispitude »

Hi all,

I wanted to start a topic for sharing ideas on how to format notes. Here is what we currently use:

Code: Select all

div.note
{
	mc-auto-number-format: '{b}Note:{/b}';
}
div.note p { margin-left: 20px; }
div.note pre { margin-left: 20px; }
div.note ul { margin-left: 20px; }
div.note ol { margin-left: 20px; }
I've attached an image of the resulting formatting. "Note:" is prefixed automatically and the content afterward is indented. It's simple but I tried a number of things to get the indenting right, and this is what worked for me. So I'm sharing it. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Sharing ideas for formatting notes

Post by Nita Beck »

Thanks for sharing! :)

If I may add one thing: The use of the formatting tags within the auto-number (e.g., {b}) won't work if one outputs to Word, due to a Flare bug that, to the best of my knowledge, has not been fixed. In Word output, those formatting tags show up as is, rather than actually formatting the auto-number. The workaround is to use the mc-auto-number-class property and assign a span class. Here's another discussion that touches on this issue here, in the second half of the thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22032
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!