Can't get Index proxy in Responsive (or any HTML5) output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
ruthhoward
Sr. Propeller Head

Can't get Index proxy in Responsive (or any HTML5) output

Post by ruthhoward »

I've been using the (very nice) responsive output template from StrayGoat and its working really well - especially after Dave Lee sorted me out with some details recently.

However, my product manager is bemoaning the loss of the index that he had in tripane. I've used HTML/CSS/Jquery (from here: http://inspirationalpixels.com/tutorial ... and-jquery) to get tabs to show either the nav-accordion (TOC) or another tab which I want to use to show the index. (doubtless when I get it working PM will want the index to be searchable which is a whole other world of pain)

However, I've put an indexProxy into the right div of the masterpage to no effect.

Indeed putting one in a standard topic isn't getting me anywhere either.

If I compile the same TOC with a target using an old-fashioned tripane HTML5 skin with an Index tab requested the Index in the skin is populated but not a topic containing an indexProxy. This leads me to think that there's something in Flare that won't allow non-skin content to have an Index generated from a proxy for HTML5 targets - but that sounds ridiculous!

For example:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<html MadCap:lastBlockDepth="2" MadCap:lastHeight="103" MadCap:lastWidth="1069" xmlns:MadCap="http://www.madcapsoftware.com/Schemas/MadCap.xsd">
    <head><title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <h1><span style="font-size: 22pt;">Index</span>
        </h1>
        <MadCap:indexProxy />
    </body>
</html>
just gives me an empty topic with a H1 "Index" but no content. There are definitely keywords defined because the same TOC (and same topic) generate a index entries for PDF and for an Index tab in tripane HTML5.

The Data/Index.js (and chunks) output files have index terms defined. I just need to get them into either a topic containing an index proxy or into the proxy I've put in a tab in my responsive.flmsp. Obviously classic HTML5 compilation does something that turns the contents of Index.js into a UL because I can see that in the top-level output file.

Anyone know how I can get that same UL into a topic?
ruthhoward
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Can't get Index proxy in Responsive (or any HTML5) outpu

Post by ruthhoward »

typically, I posted this and then found an answer elsewhere:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20992#p108476

need to add to my CSS:

Code: Select all

MadCap|indexProxy
{
	mc-output-support: all;
}
ruthhoward
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ruthhoward »

Hmm, the above doesn't work when the indexProxy is in the masterpage or in a snippet - still ending up with empty content corresponding to the indexProxy.... unless there's another index proxy in the topic itself.
ruthhoward
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ruthhoward »

indexproxy.png
noindexproxy.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
damadeo
Propeller Head

Post by damadeo »

Did you get this sorted out? We would like to use top nav, but also want the ability to have an index present as well.
ruthhoward
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ruthhoward »

no, we discarded this attempt at Responsive and started over. We ended up not delivering an index. I think they only way to do it would be to have a page in the content with an index proxy in it.