Is Capture no longer bundled with Flare?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
awells12
Propeller Head

Is Capture no longer bundled with Flare?

Post by awells12 »

I remember that when we first started using Flare (v10), it was bundled with MadCap Capture. I rarely used Capture because I like SnagIt better, but now I'm trying to use the Insert Screen Capture integration in Flare 2017r2 and it's telling me I don't have Capture installed. When did they stop bundling Capture with Flare?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Is Capture no longer bundled with Flare?

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't recall it ever being bundled in the Flare app. Instead, when a new version of Flare came out, if you had a maintenance plan, then you also got a license key for Capture. It was a separate app download, too. I'm not sure if it's free anymore or not. Their website mentions a free trial for Capture, which would imply it's not free. I'd contact your sales rep to get the details on licensing for Capture.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
awells12
Propeller Head

Post by awells12 »

Lo and behold, I do have a separate license key for Capture. Not sure why I thought it was bundled. Thanks!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

It's "bundled" from the viewpoint that if one has purchased Flare, one gets Capture at no additional cost.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!