How do I import and preview translat Lingo files in Flare?

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Ludwine
Jr. Propeller Head

How do I import and preview translat Lingo files in Flare?

Post by Ludwine »

Hi guys,

I'm probably asking something really stupid, but I can't find the answer in the PDFs, Forums, Videos, etc. and I've looked all morning:
- How to I open my translated file in Flare? And then see the preview of the translated file like I can with every other Flare project?

I'm just trying to find out what Lingo might do for our company. I've practiced with Flare, took 1 topic from my 'test project', opened it in Lingo, translated it, reviewed it, imported again in Lingo and set the status to completed: now what do I do?

Sorry for the (probably very easy to find) question, but any help would be much appreciated!
Uwe Schwenk
Propeller Head

Re: How do I import and preview translat Lingo files in Flar

Post by Uwe Schwenk »

Ludwine,

to answer your question:

After you have completed the translation in Lingo, go under the file menu and export the project in a location of your choice. Do not overwrite your source project. Exporting will create a flare project with the translation. At the end of the export Lingo will tell you that the project has been exported and asks if you want to open it in Flare.

I recommend to close lingo and then open flare and navigate to the location where you exported your project and open it through there. When the project is very large sometimes opening it through lingo can crash lingo. Closing lingo and opening directly in Flare eliminates the issue.

Regards,
Uwe Schwenk
L10N Coordinator
Ludwine
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Ludwine »

Hi Uwe,

thanks a lot for replying, it worked!

'Problem' was that I couldn't find the file in the right location, so I assumed I did something wrong. Turns out I hadn't selected "All Files" in the folder dropdown menu, and it was only showing me Flare exports (which didn't exist) instead of including the Lingo exports. Madcap 101 *sigh* :)
Uwe Schwenk
Propeller Head

Post by Uwe Schwenk »

Glad it worked out for you. Let me know if you run into other issues.
Uwe Schwenk
L10N Coordinator