Font looks completely different in Flare

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
jbananak
Propeller Head

Font looks completely different in Flare

Post by jbananak »

When I put a text box in capture. The font looks fine.
When I insert the image into Flare, the text is bold and/or fuzzy?
Tried changing font size/ checking if bold is on.... no help..
Please provide a solution!

Joanna
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Font looks completely different in Flare

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I have a very vague memory of this from several years ago, and I think it was something to do with the transparent background. Sorry I can't be more specific but that might point you in the right direction. And I don't think it was specific to Capture either.

Good luck!
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
pacdam
Propeller Head

Post by pacdam »

I think the issue mentioned by ChoccieMuffin is also the reason why you're getting that grey line (I had that same issue in the past).

I seem to remember fixing it by right-clicking on the image, going to File Properties, then in the Appearance tab, changing the Background to Solid and Fill Start to white.
pacdam
Propeller Head

Post by pacdam »

Could it also be that you are saving this as a gif image with a limited color range or something similar? (I'm not sure what you are saving it as--just throwing some suggestions out there).
jbananak
Propeller Head

Post by jbananak »

.png
I think the transparency was an issue. It seems to be better without transparency, but so far that means I have to save my pictures first with non-transparent whitespace where I want to have callouts - and I haven't discovered yet how to do that in Capture...
pacdam
Propeller Head

Post by pacdam »

jbananak wrote:.png
I think the transparency was an issue. It seems to be better without transparency, but so far that means I have to save my pictures first with non-transparent whitespace where I want to have callouts - and I haven't discovered yet how to do that in Capture...
Hi jbananak. Did you try this?

1. Right-click on the image
2. Select File Properties
3. Click on the Appearance tab
4. Change the Background to Solid and Fill Start to white (make sure you actually click on the the white square and not a transparent one).
pacdam
Propeller Head

Post by pacdam »

OK, something was puzzling me, because I never get this issue with the text even when I'm placing text boxes outside of the image, even with a transparent background. Turns out I do my text boxes with a white background (i.e. the background of the text box itself is white). Might be another option for you, although you would still get that grey line at the edge of the image.

To change the background of the text box:
1. Right-click on the text box (rather than the main image) and select Properties.
2. Click on Appearance tab (you'll probably already be in there).
3. Change Background to Solid and Fill Start to white.

Good luck!