linking to an anchor - CSH style

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Nina Esile
Sr. Propeller Head

linking to an anchor - CSH style

Post by Nina Esile »

Hi All,

I want to link from a page in our software to a help topic, but I don't want to link to the top of the topic. I want to create an anchor deeper down on the page and link to that location. But I don't know how to do that. I can make the anchor, obviously, but since I'm not able to edit the Topic column in the SiteSpect Aliases page, I'm not sure how I can link to the anchor.

Ideas?

Nina
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: linking to an anchor - CSH style

Post by Nita Beck »

Hi Nina,

I haven't done this myself, but a client-colleague did in recent days (although not in .CHM output, but in Top Nav output, if that makes any diff).

She added standard bookmarks to the places she wanted CSH to drill down to. Then in the Alias editor, she reported that she was able to map to the bookmarks.

HTH. I hope I haven't misunderstood you.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Nina Esile
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Nina Esile »

I wonder how she is able to map to the bookmarks in the Alias Editor. That's the trick, I think. But I don't know how to do it.

I'm using Top Nav, so we're using the same output.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Nina Esile wrote:I wonder how she is able to map to the bookmarks in the Alias Editor. That's the trick, I think. But I don't know how to do it.
I just took a look. After you add the topic to the Alias file, right-click it in the Alias Editor (in the grid at the right) and select "Select Bookmark" from the menu.

Voila. :)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!