Side navigation cuts off subheadings HTML5 Top Nav

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Sean
Propeller Head

Side navigation cuts off subheadings HTML5 Top Nav

Post by Sean »

Using Flare 12 to create HTML 5 with Top Menu.

When I expand the navigation, it looks fine.

However, when I click an item in the navigation to see submenu items, the submenu items are cut off; I cannot see the left side of the submenu items. There's no scroll bar or anything.

Advice for fixing this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ji97ls1zwu3w ... f.png?dl=0

Cheers,

Sean
Sean
Propeller Head

Re: Side navigation cuts off subheadings HTML5 Top Nav

Post by Sean »

Seeing no reply, perhaps I could get some thoughts about expanding the width of the navigation area, or changing its behavior, or reducing font size in the navigation area, or other ideas to change the design so text for subheadings displays in full?
Sean
Propeller Head

Post by Sean »

So, I searched the Web and found no discussion of this issue, so am troubled that it's just me.

I tried playing with padding and such for the side menu, with no luck.

Here's a quick 3MB video that shows the issue I am having with the first letter of submenu items being cut off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yf4eypfysyn3y ... f.mp4?dl=0
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

I don't have Flare, but maybe z-index is in play? It's possible you need to remove/lower a z-index value from the main body of the skin, or add a higher one to the div (?) containing the sub-menu?

It can get a bit messy, though, so I wouldn't add z-index all over the place.

This page gives the basic definition and links to a few articles.
https://css-tricks.com/almanac/properties/z/z-index/
Sean
Propeller Head

Post by Sean »

I hadn't thought of z-index, thank you!

I gave it a go. I put <Property Name="z-index">2</Property> (this seems the convention for using css in this part of the application) in the relevant place in the side menu (and then tried other spots) with no change in the undesired behavior.

I appreciate the thought, though.

Cheers.

Sean
Sean
Propeller Head

Post by Sean »

I tried moving the navigation pane to the left of the output, and that worked for the text. The text was not cut off when I did this.

However, the menu button was positioned directly on top of my logo, and there was no way I found to move that menu button or move the logo. As an afterthought, if my logo is a PNG with 50px of transparency to the left, then perhaps that would mean the menu button is not on the logo any more; I don't like that hack, but will try it.

I want the menu on the right without the text cut off. I am astonished nobody else has run into this, because my customizations are fairly light and I'm using the menus and such right out of the box.

Cheers.
Sean
Propeller Head

Post by Sean »

Still struggling with this.

So, I created a new target, gave it the HTML 5 top nav skin, and the problem wasn't fixed.

Is there a way to revert the skin to the absolute factory default but without harming the work I have done on the actual content and CSS?

Cheers,

Sean