How to contact a board administrator?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
mfaux
Propeller Head

How to contact a board administrator?

Post by mfaux »

Hi,

How do you contact a board administrator?

I'm in the process of evaluating Flare, and posting some questions on this forum; I've received a personal message, but can't reply to it.

According to the FAQ:
I cannot send private messages!
There are three reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the board administrator has disabled private messaging for the entire board, or the board administrator has prevented you from sending messages. Contact a board administrator for more information.
I can't find where/how to contact an adminstrator.

Thanks in advance,
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: How to contact a board administrator?

Post by NorthEast »

I'm an admin, but I don't know why you can't view a PM - at a guess, you probably can't use PMs until you've got to the stage where your posts don't require approval.

For reference, all MVPs are admins:
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=986
mfaux
Propeller Head

Post by mfaux »

Thank you Dave, I appreciate it.

I can view the PM, just not reply to it.
mfaux
Propeller Head

Post by mfaux »

I can reply now. :thumb:
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

Going on your post count I'd guess you weren't marked as a 'legitimate' user, you have to have two posts accepted before you get full use of a user's features.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
SandraF
Propeller Head

Post by SandraF »

My apologies if this is a duplicate. I tried to post a reply earlier but have not received the email I usually get that says post is being reviewed.

I am having same problem OP was having - I have received a personal message and can't reply to it. I have had 2 posts posted before (the personal message was a response to a post) so I wouldn't think lack of verification would be the problem.

The remedy listed is to contact an admin, but I don't know how to contact an admin; the link provided on this thread gives me a list of admins but there I encounter the same problem: can't message em. So I'm just hoping an admin sees this.

Thanks!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

MadCap determines the rules for new members, who have to go through a "probationary period" based on number of posts. You'll be able to send PMs only after you've gotten through the probationary period.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!