Import from RoboHelp: Table Heading Prob

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
krh2017
Jr. Propeller Head

Import from RoboHelp: Table Heading Prob

Post by krh2017 »

Hello,

I am new to the forum and new to Flare. Let me provide some background info, and then I will ask my question…

In the past, my documentation was produced in FrameMaker, and it included hundreds of tables with headings. When I generated a PDF, long tables would repeat on the next page of the PDF with the word “Continued.” The FrameMaker documentation was linked to RoboHelp to produce help output too.

I recently imported my RoboHelp project into Flare. I can now produce HTML output, and I also want to produce PDF output, with the long tables having their headings repeated and the word “Continued” displayed.

This does not happen in the PDF that Flare generates. At the beginning of a long table, there are what appear to be heading rows. However, when long tables continue on the next page of the PDF, they have no headings at all.

Using Text Editor, I looked at the code for the tables. There is no <thead> tag at all. There is a <table style> tag, followed by <tbody> and then <tr> and <th>. The text in the heading has a paragraph style applied to it. The table headings look fine, but they don’t behave like headings should.

I have hundreds of such tables in the Flare project. How can I correct all these tables quickly so the table headings will repeat and have the word “Continued” displayed in them?
Fixing each table manually isn't an option; I need some quicker solution.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.
RecPerch
Propeller Head

Re: Import from RoboHelp: Table Heading Prob

Post by RecPerch »

Hi. Did you find a solution?
krh2017
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Import from RoboHelp: Table Heading Prob

Post by krh2017 »

<<Hi. Did you find a solution?>>

Unfortunately, no. I'm just going through each table and manually making the necessary changes.