TOC editor showing %=System.LinkedTitle% and can't switch

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Cecily
Sr. Propeller Head

TOC editor showing %=System.LinkedTitle% and can't switch

Post by Cecily »

This morning, I upgraded my version of Flare. The main - and infuriating - difference is that the TOC editor is showing [%=System.LinkedTitle%] for all the entries. The mouseover shows the full path and name, but that's small consolation.

How do I make it default to the more usable format of showing the text that will actually be in the output?

The screenshot shows what I see at present (even after a reboot).
However, I've since discovered that if I add a topic, it's displayed correctly. Please don't tell me I have to delete and add every single topic just to see a usable TOC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Books are a narcotic." (Franz Kafka)
I wonder what he'd say about help files?
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: TOC editor showing %=System.LinkedTitle% and can't switc

Post by devjoe »

You upgraded ... from what to what?

The System.LinkedTitle variable comes from a Flare feature introduced in one of the 2017 versions which allows you let the TOC entry text be determined by the title of the linked topic. However, your screen shot shows Flare 12, an earlier version which did not have this feature and so would show the variable.
Cecily
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Cecily »

devjoe wrote:You upgraded ... from what to what?
Good question. I opened Flare this morning, and got the prompt to download an update, which I did. But you're right: it's saying Flare 12, whereas looking at a post I made in the forum a few days ago, I used to have Flare 2017 r3.

I just checked for updates, and it said none currently available, so I don't know what's going on. One for Support, I guess. I fear it may be a licensing issue.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Flare 12 and 2017 can both be installed on the same PC.
Are you sure you don't have both installed, but have opened the project in v12 by accident?
Cecily
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Cecily »

Dave Lee wrote:Are you sure you don't have both installed, but have opened the project in v12 by accident?
Aha. Rookie error on my part. Thanks. (I didn't realise Flare 12 was on this PC. It won't be for much longer.)
kevinmcl
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by kevinmcl »

We're keeping older versions on our systems for when Flare 17rX decides to slow down. Older versions just trot right along, unperturbed... but now with more visual annoyances.
De gustibus non disputandum est