Does Flare come in a Mac version?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Does Flare come in a Mac version?

Post by ccardimon »

Is there a version of Flare for Mac?
Craig

Lost in Disturbia
BedfordWriter
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Does Flare come in a Mac version?

Post by BedfordWriter »

No, but if you check the Madcap blog, Nita describes using it in a VM on a Mac.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Thanks, BedfordWriter! Here's the link to the article: http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2015 ... ac-oh-yes/
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
johnnygreen
Propeller Head

Post by johnnygreen »

Hi. Is there any prospect of MadCap producing a version for the Mac, and also having Contributor for Mac as well?

I am aware of the 'workaround' of using a VM on a Mac - https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/201 ... ac-oh-yes/ - but, because of the hassle, costs and overheads, it seems a short-sighted solution. I'm going to a Mac environment, and the company want their engineers to contribute comments to the documents, preferably via Google Docs, but maybe I could persuade them to use Contributor (but only if it could be run on Mac). The company has suggested Paligo - but I don't think this is good as Flare because of its lack of an XML view (although Oxygen might give me that) - so I'm resisting, but without any prospects of Flare moving to other plaforms, it could be a losing battle!
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

johnnygreen wrote:Hi. Is there any prospect of MadCap producing a version for the Mac, and also having Contributor for Mac as well?

I am aware of the 'workaround' of using a VM on a Mac - https://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/201 ... ac-oh-yes/ - but, because of the hassle, costs and overheads, it seems a short-sighted solution. I'm going to a Mac environment, and the company want their engineers to contribute comments to the documents, preferably via Google Docs, but maybe I could persuade them to use Contributor (but only if it could be run on Mac). The company has suggested Paligo - but I don't think this is good as Flare because of its lack of an XML view (although Oxygen might give me that) - so I'm resisting, but without any prospects of Flare moving to other plaforms, it could be a losing battle!
Unfortunately this is a peer to peer forum (although MadCap folk do drop in from time to time) so we don't know anything about MadCap plans.

You can contact MadCap to ask them, or you can put in a feature request.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.