Embed files in PDF

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
awells12
Propeller Head

Embed files in PDF

Post by awells12 »

Hello all,

I'm creating an internal installation guide for one of my company's products and need to find a way to embed a couple of SQL scripts into the PDF that the user can click on to open in a text editor. The closest I've gotten so far is to add the SQL files to my Flare project and create hyperlinks in the PDF. The problem with that is that the SQL files are included in the output and have to be in the same directory as the PDF or else the links are broken.

Is there a way I can embed the SQL files directly into the PDF file so that I don't need to worry about the external files?
awells12
Propeller Head

Re: Embed files in PDF

Post by awells12 »

UPDATE: I've figured out how to add the SQL files as an attachment in the PDF after it has been built. Does anyone know of a way I can include the attachments in the build?
jenj
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by jenj »

Just wondering if you found a solution?
awells12
Propeller Head

Post by awells12 »

Nope :( this document is for internal use in my company, so the best solution I've found so far is to host the SQL file on an internal SharePoint site and put a hyperlink to it in the document.