File of customized TOC that I can back up?

tina_gray
Jr. Propeller Head

File of customized TOC that I can back up?

Post by tina_gray »

I would like to back up my customized Table of Contents (it is far too easy to accidentally wipe it out). What files would I need to back up and where are they located (so that I could just copy/paste those files back into my project to restore the customized TOC)? I am using the latest version of D2H.

Thanks,
Tina
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: File of customized TOC that I can back up?

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi Tina,

Doc-To-Help stores all project-related information in its project file with extension .d2h. This file is updated through every compilation of a target.
If you backup this file only, there might other information got lost when you copy it back. This depends on how you work with your project documents, mainly whether you use D2HML styles or not. I recommend to use D2HML styles as much as possible, since they store information in Word.

Doc-To-Help has a backup function (see "Save-as" in its File menu, resp. in Word's, below Doc-To-Help's Common Tasks) which you can use to create a backup of everything that is located in the project folder. You will see and may change the location this backup is stored in the dialog that opens when you click "Save as".
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
LenaLo 66
Propeller Head

Re: File of customized TOC that I can back up?

Post by LenaLo 66 »

I agree with Tina. The TOC is far to easy to f-up and loose.

Best regards
Lena Hyllander