Linking Captivate HTML5 to Flare project

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jack16
Propeller Head

Linking Captivate HTML5 to Flare project

Post by jack16 »

I think I already know the answer to this, but as a hail mary, is it possible to copy/import a Captivate 2017 HTML5 video to our Flare 2017 project and link to it without also having to copy/import all of the folders that come with the output? The answer's no, right? I'm asking because our option to publish Captivate output as SWF doesn't work. Even if I create a blank Captivate project consisting of two slides and a couple of words on each slide, trying to create SWF output results in an error saying the compilation failed. I dread having to deal with Adobe support.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Linking Captivate HTML5 to Flare project

Post by NorthEast »

I publish Captivate (v7!) projects to mp4, and then insert that in Flare as a HTML5 Movie.

Mind, that's for a normal video, I don't use any interactive elements in the Captivate projects.
jack16
Propeller Head

Post by jack16 »

Thanks for the reply, Dave. I don't use interactive elements, either--not yet, at least. I assume you mean, from the publish dialog, you select Video? My options are SWF/HTML5 (HTML5 is the one that works), Video and Executable. When I select Video, I still get the compilation error. Installed Captivate 2017 a few days ago, so at the moment, don't know whether it's user ignorance or a bug in the program. Thanks, again.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

jack16 wrote:Thanks for the reply, Dave. I don't use interactive elements, either--not yet, at least. I assume you mean, from the publish dialog, you select Video? My options are SWF/HTML5 (HTML5 is the one that works), Video and Executable. When I select Video, I still get the compilation error. Installed Captivate 2017 a few days ago, so at the moment, don't know whether it's user ignorance or a bug in the program. Thanks, again.
Wait a moment - you're seeing compilation errors in Captivate, not Flare? If so, then you need to sort that out with Adobe.

In Captivate v7, there's a tab for Media, so maybe that's similar to Video in 2017. Then I select the Type as mp4.
That'll produce a single mp4 file, and that's all you need to add to the Flare project.
Buthero
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Buthero »

I think the answer is no as well, Jack. If it's possible, I'd certainly love to know how too.
This VyprVPN review is very helpful.
jack16
Propeller Head

Post by jack16 »

Gentlemen: Just spent an hour-and-a-half on a remote session with Adobe, and they couldn't get the thing fixed. To summarize, we're only able to publish our projects as HTML5 videos; we receive errors when trying to publish as MP4 or SWF. Their solution is for us to reinstall Captivate and hope it fixes things. Thanks for your feedback.
jeivers
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by jeivers »

I created a Tutorial Folder in the Flare project and added the HTML5 output .htm file here (subfolder for each HTML5 Tutorial).

Create your Hyperlink to this .htm file (add it to Toc use to create Tab etc.)

Publish the Flare Help System.

Take the actual HTML5 Tutorial videos and dumb them into the Out Tutorial > Subfolders -- make sure to overwrite the existing .htm file (use same name in Flare as output HTML5 name).

This also allows Flare to compile the Help System quickly.