"List of" proxy produces strange sort order

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
moshe
Propeller Head

"List of" proxy produces strange sort order

Post by moshe »

I'm using a "List of" proxy to produce a List of Figures. The LOF is based on the figure captions <p.caption>, using the standard <MadCap:listOfProxy style="mc-list-of-tag: p;mc-list-of-class: Caption;" />. What is weird is that the LOF output is out of order. Within chapters, the figures are listed in order properly: 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. The page numbers are all correct. The chapters themselves, however, are out of order in the LOF.
ListOf-SortOrder04.png
Not only that, but the (incorrect) chapter order sometimes changes between builds!
ListOf-SortOrder03.png
In the same document I have a Table of Contents produced by a different "List of" proxy. The TOC is produced in perfect order.
This is in a PDF Target. A parallel MSWord Target using the same proxy produces the LOF in the proper order.
Is there any place to control the sort order of a "List of" proxy? Any other ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Moshe Davis
Jerusalem, Israel
moshe
Propeller Head

Re: "List of" proxy produces strange sort order

Post by moshe »

I received a notification from MadCap technical support that this is apparently a bug in Flare version 2016r2.
It looks like I will have to go back to a previous version until this is fixed.
Moshe Davis
Jerusalem, Israel
Niels
Propeller Head

Post by Niels »

Thank you very much for this information. I was just wondering about the same issue. :D
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

moshe wrote:I received a notification from MadCap technical support that this is apparently a bug in Flare version 2016r2.
It looks like I will have to go back to a previous version until this is fixed.
Hi Moshe!

Wow, that's a big bug. I'm glad you've alerted the community about it. I have a very large set of Flare projects that produce only print output, so I'll have to be sure to work in Flare 12, too, until this is fixed.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
moshe
Propeller Head

Post by moshe »

FYI: This bug was fixed in Flare version 2017.
Moshe Davis
Jerusalem, Israel
Glenn Lea
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Glenn Lea »

It was? I have the latest and greatest and still doing this odd behaviour with my List of Tables list. I should say, this chapter order is fixed, but the restarting of table numbers begins at each chapter, even though I have increment set.
Glenn J. Lea
Senior Technical Writer
Berlin, Germany
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Glenn Lea wrote:It was? I have the latest and greatest and still doing this odd behaviour with my List of Tables list. I should say, this chapter order is fixed, but the restarting of table numbers begins at each chapter, even though I have increment set.
It's not totally clear to me what you're describing. But the issue might be found in your stylesheet. I suspect that for the mc-auto-number-format attribute, you've got the auto-number series shown as "CT", meaning that it is confined to chapters. If you do not want your table numbers to reset back to 1 at the start of each chapter, then change "CT" to "GT" (G for global) or perhaps even just "T" (I'm not sure about that, so would test).

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!