Importing multiple Robohelp projects into a single Flare pro

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
coleymarie80
Propeller Head

Importing multiple Robohelp projects into a single Flare pro

Post by coleymarie80 »

Hi there. I have multiple Robohelp projects that need to be imported into a single Flare project. I have successfully imported one Robohelp project so far and created the single Flare project. What is the best way to get the rest of the Robohelp projects imported?

Thanks!
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Importing multiple Robohelp projects into a single Flare pro

Post by wclass »

I haven't had to import Robohelp for many years, but I'd do it like this.
Import each RH project into a separate Flare file - it's easier to check that it works OK at this point.
Then I'd import the newly created Flare projects into your main project. You can use the Import > Add Flare Project Import function.
From memory, though, I just dragged the HTML files and related TOCs etc into the one project using Windows. I kept each in a subfolder while I checked links, etc, but it all worked OK.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
ajpeck123
Propeller Head

Re: Importing multiple Robohelp projects into a single Flare

Post by ajpeck123 »

How did this work out for you? I'm trying to do the same, but unless I'm missing something, there's a snag.

I sorted out the CSS for the first RoboHelp import, getting rid of unnecessary styles, etc.

Now I believe I have to create a new Flare project to import the next RoboHelp project... but doing it that way doesn't give me the option to map existing styles to new ones, like you have with a FrameMaker import. So, I'm going to have a lot of tidying up to do... as the original projects were created by different people at difference times, although the stylesheets are 'similar', they are not 'identical'. :-(

Ho hum...
Alison
Lone technical author - Flare user since March 2017
Currently using Flare 2020