Cannot connect to TFS after Windows 10 feature update.

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
kaygro
Jr. Propeller Head

Cannot connect to TFS after Windows 10 feature update.

Post by kaygro »

For the past day, I have not been able to connect to TFS through Flare no matter what I do.

I am able to connect to TFS both through Visual Studio and through a web browser.

Whenever I try to connect to TFS anywhere within Flare, I get the following error message:

This is incredibly frustrating, because this error message isn't descriptive at all, and after much searching I can't find anyone who has gotten this error message either.

My guess is that this may have something to do with the latest Windows 10 feature update, but I really have no idea.

Has anyone else been having issues with this? Or can anyone point me in the direction of a solution? This is currently preventing me from doing any work.

Thank you.

EDIT: I'm running Flare 2017 r3 and TFS 2017.
Last edited by kaygro on Wed May 16, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaygro
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Cannot connect to TFS after Windows 10 feature update.

Post by kaygro »

I have confirmed that this is not an issue with the Windows 10 update as I have tried unsuccessfully to connect to TFS source control through Flare on a completely different machine that did not have the update installed. I still received the same error message.
kaygro
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by kaygro »

Okay, I was finally able to produce a different error message:

Anyone have any clues? Thank you in advance for any ideas.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Since the login failed...can you connect to TFS using VisualStudio on that box using the exact same credentials? Did the password change?
lcence303
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by lcence303 »

I just got the same error after installing the latest Windows 10 updates this morning. Did you ever find a solution?
lcence303
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by lcence303 »

Figured out my issue. My company had upgraded to TFS 2018 a month or so ago and I just needed to unbind and rebind to the new location. I hadn't gotten the error before this because they apparently left the old TFS instance intact, so the need to change the mapping wasn't obvious. I'd been checking in/out from the old location without even knowing it.
kaygro
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by kaygro »

It took a few weeks, but it turns out that I needed "a patch for Flare 2017 r3 which addresses the problem of being unable to connect/bind to TFS 2017 that has TLS 1.0 disabled", according to the MadCap Support person I worked with.

So, if you have Flare 2017 r3 and TFS 2017 and are having a similar issue, email MadCap Support and ask for this patch.