Images not displaying in editor

niglon
Jr. Propeller Head

Images not displaying in editor

Post by niglon »

In the new lightweight editor images (all types and all sizes) show as [Loading] but nothing else. Anyone else had this issue?
Should it be possible to add images to a review file using the editor, or can SME's simply annotate that a new image is needed - which will complicate the process for us?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Images not displaying in editor

Post by Nita Beck »

I’m currently trialing Central in order to assess the new lightweight editor. I don’t think it yet supports allowing SMEs to drop in a new image. (And as far as I can see, there’s no way to create or edit a table! What?!)

I’m chalking this up to the editor’s being so new. I’ve been submitting A LOT of feature requests. Please submit a feature request about images. We need to help MadCap prioritize their efforts for building out the editor’s functionality.

Sorry that I don’t otherwise have an answer for you.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
niglon
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by niglon »

Thanks for the feedback Nita - I have submitted a request as suggested.

In your trial of the editor do you see the images displayed in the topic? We just see a [Loading] tag.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Can’t say yet! None of the test topics I’ve sent for review have had images in them. I’ll try to check it out soon. Meantime, if you’re trialing, you can call MadCap Tech Support as much as you want, so perhaps reach out.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
RStreets
Propeller Head

Post by RStreets »

Trialing the October 2019 release of Central, I've had this happen some of the time (different SMEs reviewing, different experiences). Can't figure out why some rather than others, myself. Haven't got a clear answer from MadCap yet, only a general comment (covering more than this) about "browser settings and ... configurations within Central". But having images visible in the for review (I don't necessarily want SMEs to add or replace them) is pretty much a requirement.

Note also, I've had the same Loading... message disaply with variables and snippets. Losing those makes some topics completely unreadable and therefore unreviewable.
Rae Streets (Flare user since 2017, now on Flare 2023; Central user from 2020)
EricS
Propeller Head

Post by EricS »

Am also wondering if there is an issue here. Have been using Central regularly for the past 6 months or so.

Out of several topics that I currently have out for review, one topic is not showing images (getting the "loading" message as mentioned in the above posts).

This topic was just created today and images were screenshots just captured and show up in Flare just fine but not in Central.

Any new thoughts on the matter out there?
Eric S.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

EricS wrote:Am also wondering if there is an issue here. Have been using Central regularly for the past 6 months or so.

Out of several topics that I currently have out for review, one topic is not showing images (getting the "loading" message as mentioned in the above posts).

This topic was just created today and images were screenshots just captured and show up in Flare just fine but not in Central.

Any new thoughts on the matter out there?

Raise a bug, is the only thought I can come up with.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx