Page not found

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Page not found

Post by ajturnersurrey »

There is one page in my topnav output which is "not found" in my most recent build.

I have checked that it does really exist - the topic has been published to the right place rather than accidentally deleted.

I do have "Synchronize navigation elements with TOC entries" switched on, so it is following an ugly path:
http://.................../Active%20Directory%20attributes.htm?tocpath=Enhance%7C_____8
could this have anything to do with the problem?

Where do I find out where the ugly path is really pointing? I am guessing there must be a 'conversion table' somewhere.
Any suggestions about where to look, before I try reverting to 2017r3 again?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Page not found

Post by Psider »

Just ignore everything from "?tocpath" onwards, and that should be the location of the topic. But it might depend on the output you're using - tripane is a little different, for example.
ajturnersurrey
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by ajturnersurrey »

I have made the page return by removing the item from the TOC and adding it again, then rebuilding the target ...
but no idea why it was not properly connected last time, so unsure whether or when the glitch might return.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

Maybe the link path got broken somehow, and removing the toc entry and adding it back correct the path.

Moving or renaming files and folders outside Flare could cause this (Flare is good in that it will still show you all the files in the project folder and sub-folders, but it can't automagically correct links. :) ) Or maybe for some reason the link was an absolute path and the location of the project changed (c:\help\my_project to c:\manuals\my_project for example); that would mean most links would be fine because they were relative, but any absolute ones would be broken.

Oh and you could run a report to check for broken links, just to see if there are any other oddities.