Any suggestions for creating a workflow-like topic?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
clarifiedmind
Jr. Propeller Head

Any suggestions for creating a workflow-like topic?

Post by clarifiedmind »

I have workflows that were done in PowerPoint and I need to recreate them in Flare. I can't use landscape to give me the width I'd want. I can probably get arrows in, but I had hoped that someone had found a magic formula to create workflows. Any pointers are welcome - I didn't find anything in Search. Thanks.
Feebeegeebee
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Any suggestions for creating a workflow-like topic?

Post by Feebeegeebee »

Hi,
I've created workflows in Powerpoint before. You can save any slide in Powerpoint as an image file and ten just import that into Flare.
In Powerpoint select File > Save As and then click Save as Type : and choose a format like .png
That way you don't need to create them in Flare.
Regards,
Feebeegeebee
-----------------------------------------------------
Using Flare 2022 on Windows 11 (64-bit)
-----------------------------------------------------
clarifiedmind
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by clarifiedmind »

Feebeegeebee wrote: You can save any slide in Powerpoint as an image file and ten just import that into Flare.
Thanks, but TPTB don't want it as an image because of internationalization. They want it in a table-like section that can be localized within the Flare project. So the search continues.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

sdriggars
Propeller Head

Post by sdriggars »

One suggestion would be to create the workflows in PowerPoint just as you did before to create empty arrows and forms (leaving plenty of room for the international text), and save the image. Then open the image in Capture to create text boxes with your source text, which it will overlay onto your image file. The text can then be translated and will be placed over the image. The trick is to make sure you leave enough room for your translated text.
--Stephen
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I tend to use Visio for workflows and produce a .png from that. You could send the Visio file for localisation and get your localisers to do the same.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

ChoccieMuffin wrote:I tend to use Visio for workflows and produce a .png from that. You could send the Visio file for localisation and get your localisers to do the same.
I also create workflows diagrams with Visio from which I create .pngs. I store the source Visio files right in the Flare project.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!