Unexpected Table Header Alignment-CSS Inheritance Conflict?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Niels
Propeller Head

Unexpected Table Header Alignment-CSS Inheritance Conflict?

Post by Niels »

We have table styles, where the header row alignment is set to Left but the ultimate result is still justified, which I cannot explain.
There is some "p.TabelleHeadline1" style involved whose origin I cannot really judge.

Which CSS families are fighting their battles here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Unexpected Table Header Alignment-CSS Inheritance Confli

Post by NorthEast »

Any text inside p.TabelleHeadline1 will use that style - so is p.TabelleHeadline1 justified?
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by devjoe »

The best way to solve these problems is usually to look at the result in a browser and use the Inspect (Chrome) or Inspect element (Firefox and IE/Edge) command to open the document inspector, which will tell you which CSS commands are being applied to that element in what order to produce the styling you see.
Niels
Propeller Head

Post by Niels »

Thank you for the tips.

The trouble is that I do not understand where "p.TabelleHeadline1" originates from. This is not defined in any style sheet and grepping for the keyword "Headline" through the complete Flare project (with all of its files including CSS and htm) shows that this keyword only occurs in many topic files (<p class="TabelleHeadline1">...) which all belong to one originally imported MS Word source. Maybe this is some residue of the import process that we can just clean up. And indeed, this undefined style then probably inherits its "justified" from <p>. Here I need to analyze further, I guess.

The "Inspect" approach also sounds very promising. I will note this down for the future.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

Niels wrote:...The trouble is that I do not understand where "p.TabelleHeadline1" originates from...
Have you checked the tablestyles style sheet(s)?
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Niels
Propeller Head

Post by Niels »

Of course. This was the starting point of this post ( - :
We have table styles,
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Your screenshot of the table stylesheet header row is cut off at the right so I can’t check this by looking... In the table stylesheet header row’s definition, down near the bottom right of the window, there’s a field for setting the default paragraph style for cells in the header row. Is the default paragraph style set to p.TabilleHeader1? (Sorry if I misspelled that.)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Niels
Propeller Head

Post by Niels »

Just to summarize what I remember vaguely was involved in this issue: We migrated from MS WORD and there were some leftovers that we needed to clean up.