Disable Flare's Autoformatting of Code

This forum is for all Flare related Tips and Tricks.
Have a tip or trick you use while working in Flare? Share it here.
headphone_jack
Propeller Head

Disable Flare's Autoformatting of Code

Post by headphone_jack »

Hi all,

I find Flare's built-in text editor incredibly sluggish and a pain to use, so when editing topics in Flare I mostly use Sublime Text Editor. Annoyingly when you save a file in Flare, there seems to be some post-processing in the file and Flare changes the layout of the markup. For example if I write this in Sublime:

Code: Select all

<ul>
    <li>Enter <code>Y</code>.</li>
    <li>Provide a username and password for the databases.</li>
    <!-- TODO: create params header for this username/password combo. -->
</ul>
<br /> 
If you are not installing Enterprise Reporting enter <code>N</code> when asked <code> Configuring ER?</code>.
Flare will change it to this:

Code: Select all

<ul><li>Enter <code>Y</code>.</li><li>Provide a username and password for the databases.</li><!-- TODO: create params header for this username/password combo. --></ul><br /> If you are not installing Enterprise Reporting enter <code>N</code> when asked <code>Configuring ER?</code>.
This is incredibly annoying since I spend half my time prettifying code again. I'm assuming that this is completely locked down and there's no way to change this behavior in Flare, but I just wanted to check.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Disable Flare's Autoformatting of Code

Post by Nita Beck »

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a way to fix this. I personally wouldn’t spend any time “prettifying” the code of topics in the internal text editor because it’s likely to revert. Many of us have complained about this. You might consider adding your voice by submitting a feature request (or even submitting it as a bug).
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

While it doesn't help with the autoformatting, I assume you have htmltidy or similar installed for sublime text? That should save you a heap of time rather than hand-tidying.
headphone_jack
Propeller Head

Post by headphone_jack »

Nita Beck wrote:Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a way to fix this. I personally wouldn’t spend any time “prettifying” the code of topics in the internal text editor because it’s likely to revert. Many of us have complained about this. You might consider adding your voice by submitting a feature request (or even submitting it as a bug).
Thanks for the reply. That is annoying. I'll add it to the ever growing list of things where Flare falls flat.
Psider wrote:While it doesn't help with the autoformatting, I assume you have htmltidy or similar installed for sublime text? That should save you a heap of time rather than hand-tidying.
Yeah I've got several beautifiers, so that saves a big chunk of time. I guess a workaround is to have the beautifiers run every time I open a .htm file.

EDIT: A feature request has now been submitted.