how to Save settings before re-installing

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
lise
Propeller Head

how to Save settings before re-installing

Post by lise »

Something got corrupt in Capture and I have to uninstall/re-install, but I would like to preserve as many of my custom settings as possible (profiles, custom boxes, whatever). The thing is I can't load Capture to find out where these settings might be saved.

I'm running windows 10. Can anyone tell me what files I should backup before re-installing?
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: how to Save settings before re-installing

Post by cdschroeder »

IIRC, custom palettes are typically stored in the C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Palettes folder and profiles are stored in C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Profiles folder.

If you don't find them, check your Public Documents. Worst case scenario, search your computer for *.capal (palette) and *.capro (profile) files.

Hope this helps!
Casey

lise
Propeller Head

Post by lise »

Casey, thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
Nick A
Propeller Head

Post by Nick A »

I find it very irritating that Flare adds more bloat to the Documents folder - two extra folders - just to hold a couple of tiny settings files. MadCap, please consider putting these files somewhere else, like in the Apps > Roaming folder, where Flare already holds other settings.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Nick A wrote:MadCap, please consider putting these files somewhere else, like in the Apps > Roaming folder, where Flare already holds other settings.
MadCap considers feature requests submitted through their official mechanism, rather than posts here in the peer-to-peer forums. Please visit https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!