RESOLVED! CSH help redirecting to MadCap Central portal

TR Lisa
Sr. Propeller Head

RESOLVED! CSH help redirecting to MadCap Central portal

Post by TR Lisa »

UPDATE 11/16/18: MADCAP FIX HAS RESOLVED ISSUE. NOBODY ELSE SHOULD ENCOUNTER THIS I HOPE.

My CSH links have suddenly started displaying the MadCap Central portal sign-in page instead of my help topics. And now and then display the correct help topic. Then the portal again. Same build, no changes made on dev or authoring sides. Been working fine for weeks. Started yesterday. Again, no changes so no idea what would trigger it. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen. It's pretty disturbing. We are using a CNAME. Have built and rebuilt and cleaned and re-cleaned the Flare project many times.
Last edited by TR Lisa on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
TR Lisa
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: CSH help redirecting to MadCap Central portal

Post by TR Lisa »

Possibly resolved. MadCap has indicated it's an issue with caching on their servers and is working on a fix. Also has something to do with cache and then case on vanity URLs, but that part isn't clear to me yet. They said I set my vanity URL to lowercase, but I didn't. I typed it in camel case and Central converted it to lowercase. So more to come on that. Will post final resolution for others to find who may encounter this issue even after the fix.