Variables not resolving correctly in CHM built via batch

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Variables not resolving correctly in CHM built via batch

Post by Nita Beck »

Has anyone had issues with Flare 2018 r2 not processing variables correctly for CHM targets that share a skin and specifically when built via a batch target triggered by Windows Task Scheduler? This behavior can be reproduced in new projects; it did not occur prior to 2018 r2. It applies only to CHM targets, not HTML5 or print.

My client describes the behavior this way: "...when the batch target is run via Scheduled Tasks, it resolves the variable in the skin (for chm), but the next target that uses that same skin will use the resolved variable of the previous target. And this goes for the targets that come next in line and use that same skin. When you omit the first target (from the batch), then the variable in the skin is resolved in the second target. This resolved variable will be used in the targets that come next in line and that use that same skin."

MadCap tech support has not yet offered a solution. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

(Cross-posted in the Flare Slack community)
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Variables not resolving correctly in CHM built via batch

Post by Nita Beck »

MadCap can reproduce the issue and has confirmed it as a bug...
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!