Main Menu Position = Right - but not in output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Cecily
Sr. Propeller Head

Main Menu Position = Right - but not in output

Post by Cecily »

In my skin, I've set the Main Menu Position to be Right, and the illustrated example on the dialog shows roughly what that should look like. (If I change it to Top or Left, the example changes accordingly.)

But in the HTML5 output, the menu is resolutely at the top. I guess it's being overridden somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Any ideas welcome.

I'm using Flare 2018 v2 on Windows 10 PC, with PDF and HTML5 outputs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Books are a narcotic." (Franz Kafka)
I wonder what he'd say about help files?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Main Menu Position = Right - but not in output

Post by NorthEast »

In the image on the right, you're looking at the Tablet/Mobile view. The Pane position sets the menu position in those views - i.e. the position of the menu when you click the hamburger icon (in the top right in the image).

The Main Menu Position sets the menu position on the desktop view (at larger screen sizes); so if you increase your browser size, then you should see the side navigation menu on the right.

It's hard to tell what's in your screenshot, but if you're referring to the position of that grey menu, then I think that's the menu proxy. If it is the menu proxy, then that menu isn't controlled by the skin, it's in your master page.
Cecily
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Main Menu Position = Right - but not in output

Post by Cecily »

:idea: Aha! Thanks for that, Dave.

Yes, I see what's going on now. If I widen my browser window, the hamburger is replaced with the menu on the right, so I don't even need the proxy at the top, that is in the master page.
"Books are a narcotic." (Franz Kafka)
I wonder what he'd say about help files?