Side Nave Bar static?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Jess77
Sr. Propeller Head

Side Nave Bar static?

Post by Jess77 »

Looking as the new skins for the side nav template. How do you get the side navigation to always show up on the window?

I accidentally showed the preview to my boss with no side navigation column and that hamburger in the upper right corner. He hated it. I don't know if I turned something on or off while trying to modify it, but I thought that side navigation bar was static - as in always present.

The General tab has a slide out setting - I don't want it to slide out. I want it always there. Can I turn this off? In the skin editor? Or the code?
Jessica N.
Certified MadCap Advanced Developer for Flare
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Side Nave Bar static?

Post by NorthEast »

You can control the breakpoints for the responsive modes - i.e. when it changes between web/desktop, tablet and mobile (these last two have the hamburger / slide-on menu).

Go to the target's Skin tab, and change the Tablet / Mobile breakpoints.

It's covered in the help: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... breakpoint
Jess77
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Side Nave Bar static?

Post by Jess77 »

Thank you for showing me where to look. I set the breakpoints to 0 for both tablet and mobile and now the nav bar is always there. Thank you!
I'm coming out of the tripane world where the "Hide Navigation Pane on Startup" box on the Setup tab controls this.

Thank you!
Jessica N.
Certified MadCap Advanced Developer for Flare