PDFs not opening from within HTML5 output when viewed in IE

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

PDFs not opening from within HTML5 output when viewed in IE

Post by Louise Bennett »

I have built an HTML5 site, using the Side-Nav template. Included in the site is a page that lists PDFs, and these PDFs are contained within the resources folder in the Content Explorer.

When I go to the PDF page in Chrome and click on a link, the PDF opens as expected in a new tab. All good.

BUT, when I open the site in IE and go to the PDFs page and click on a link, nothing happens. No error, nothing. The weird thing is that if I right-click on the link and copy the address, then paste this into another IE tab, the PDF opens. So its definitely there, its just like the link isn't actually activating on the PDFs page. And only in IE.

Any ideas anyone?

Louise.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: PDFs not opening from within HTML5 output when viewed in

Post by NorthEast »

The only setting in Flare that will affect this is Insert Mark of the Web on the target Advanced tab. If that's switched on, then you can't open PDF links.

If you haven't used that setting, and this occurs on all sites (not just yours), then the issue is to do with IE and your PDF viewer.
Folkie
Propeller Head

Post by Folkie »

There are a few suggestions on Adobe's site that might be worth investigating: Troubleshoot viewing PDF files on the web
Paul_N
Propeller Head

Post by Paul_N »

Thanks for the tip about turning off Insert Mark of the Web: I had the same problem as the OP with links to PDFs not opening in IE (but they did work in FF and Chrome). Now with Insert Mark of the Web = unchecked links to PDFs open in all 3 browsers.