Publishing HTML5 to SharePoint Online

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
wrleinwe
Propeller Head

Publishing HTML5 to SharePoint Online

Post by wrleinwe »

Hi all,

When publishing my project to SharePoint online, the publish operation fails when Flare tries to push a ~2.5mb .gif file to the directory on Sharepoint, and I get the following error:

"The request message is too big. The server does not allow messages larger than 2097152 bytes."

According to a member of my IT department, the setting that controls this size restriction cannot be adjusted for Sharepoint online... even through Powershell.

I'm aware that I could just sync the document library with my machine and then publish to the synced folder (publish locally). HOWEVER, we work as a team, and some of our product managers might be connecting from time to time to make edits. Expecting everyone to sync a library with their machine seems reasonable, but it isn't ideal. I want people to be able to dial in and make changes with as little 'configuration' as possible.

Has anyone run into/found a resolution to this issue?
devangee
Propeller Head

Re: Publishing HTML5 to SharePoint Online

Post by devangee »

Hi, I have a question about your post - so you are using SharePoint online for file-sharing your source files? Is that correct?

I have a related question that has to do with compiled HTML5 projects.
Currently, we host HTML5 Help systems on our client version of SharePoint, and it works as expected - like any other compiled HTML5 Help system - but when we try to run that same Help system on SharePoint online, it doesn't work. Whenever we open the main file of the Help, SharePoint online seems to go into edit mode and takes us to an editor. Is there a way to host the HTML5 Help system on SharePoint online?