Flare running very slowly

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
PatOC
Jr. Propeller Head

Flare running very slowly

Post by PatOC »

Hi all,
I am running the latest version of Flare (2018r2), it has never been incredibly fast but this morning it is barely functioning. There are 3 of us connected to the same network and the 2 other users have no problems running Flare. My OP is Windows 10 and my laptop is well specced with 8 GB RAM, i7 2.59 GHz. Any options or ideas?

thanks in advance
Patrick
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare running very slowly

Post by RamonS »

Do you have the project on a network share? Having the files locally will speed things up.
Other than that....virus scan going? Windows Updates? Anything else running that eats up resources and makes Flare (and other apps) come to a crawl?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare running very slowly

Post by Nita Beck »

If you are trying to co-author a project by putting said project on a network drive, that is definitely not a best practice. MadCap decidedly recommends against that.

Consider looking into source control. That way, as Ramon says, each of the authors would have a local copy of the projects and then can commit, push, and pull changes from a "remote" or master repository.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!