Unexpected output in Word targets

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
carmonli
Propeller Head

Unexpected output in Word targets

Post by carmonli »

I'm getting some strange things happening when I generate Word targets and don't know where to look to fix these things:
  • Every heading (all levels) in Word appears with left margin of -2.78". This isn't defined anywhere (not locally and not in the single stylesheet we use).
  • Every page of the content uses the First page of my default Flare page layout. I am using the same Flare TOC that I use to generate PDFs, and the correct page layouts are used there.
  • In Flare, my notes are divs in which the word Note: automatically appears. In the Word output, I'm getting this: {b}Note: {/b}.
Any ideas of where I should look to configure these options?
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Unexpected output in Word targets

Post by SteveS »

Have you checked your page layout (most likely) or masterpage (real old school for Flare and unlikely since the advent of page layout)

http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... ayouts.htm
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Unexpected output in Word targets

Post by Nita Beck »

carmonli wrote:In Flare, my notes are divs in which the word Note: automatically appears. In the Word output, I'm getting this: {b}Note: {/b}.
Unfortunately, this is a bug that's been floating around for years. (Please report it, so we have more collective weight thrown at this one.)

But there is a way around this. Rather an using inline formatting commands such as {b} to make an auto-number bold, set up a span class that will apply the bold.

Here's a link to a very long (sorry) post from many years back. Near the end you'll find the solution that I posted at the time, about how to use a span class instead of the inline formatting commands. You can probably adapt this solution to style your note div.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22032

I hope this helps at least with the one issue.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!