Micro content: styling the featured snippet in srch results

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Nerdycreative
Propeller Head

Micro content: styling the featured snippet in srch results

Post by Nerdycreative »

Hi reader(s)

The new Micro Content feature looks terrific.

However, I see in Madcap's promotional videos that the micro content is displayed in the featured snippet as two or more 'columns', for example, a list of steps on at the left with an image at the right of the list.

If I add a list and an image to a micro content response, in the featured snippet my list is displayed on top of the image.

How can I style my micro content in the same way as in the promo video, so that the two are side by side?

Surely I wouldn't create dummy tables, would I?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Nerdycreative
Propeller Head

Re: Micro content: styling the featured snippet in srch resu

Post by Nerdycreative »

I can see that a number of people have looked at this but no one has replied.
I'm not sure if this is because the question seems too easy or too hard

Obviously, tables should never be used to address styling issues
However, it is extremely difficult to style content in the micro content editor without a text editor

A solution I've found is to create a non-publishable topic page where each future response is styled as is required for it to display at the top of search results as 'columns' - with floats, enclosing divs, etc etc
Then I copy a response at a time and paste it into the micro content editor

Seems to work OK but is only a workaround.

Anyone got any better ideas
rogersm
Propeller Head

Re: Micro content: styling the featured snippet in srch resu

Post by rogersm »

Am not too familiar with the micro content feature because I only just got 2019 recently. I think there is a Madcap webinar scheduled about this feature this week so they might have some information that can help you.
I could be wrong about this, but It looks like Flare themselves might use a two-column responsive layout to structure their micro content and include that content in a snippet or a topic.