Change to li from p after using Ctrl+;

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Lacy
Jr. Propeller Head

Change to li from p after using Ctrl+;

Post by Lacy »

I'm brand new to Flare and discovered the handy Ctrl+; at the end of a list item to inset a picture on the next line that is in line with the list. My problem is that I now need to add another li after my li that I ended with Ctrl+; but before my image, and can't figure out how to do so. Can anyone help?
atomdocs
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Change to li from p after using Ctrl+;

Post by atomdocs »

The easiest way might be to create another <li> tag after the existing <li> tag that contains the image.

Do Ctrl+; again on the new list item, add your text and hit Enter to get a new empty <p>, and then drag the image down to the new <p>.

This should leave your previous <li> tag on its own with a <p> tag. (If you have additional empty <p> tags somehow, delete them.)

Click inside the text of the previous <li> tag and then click Make Simple Item(s) in the List Actions function button/menu on the Home tab. That will convert it back to just an <li> tag, just to keep things tidy.

The shortcut for Make Simple Item(s) is Shift+Tab, but it doesn't seem to work on an <li> tag with a single <p> inside.
Tom
Flare 2022, Capture 7
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

After inserting an image (or any other continuation paragraph, it works for text as well as pictures) I press the right arrow key on my keyboard until the highlight in the structure bar changes to highlight the ul rather than the p or li, and then press Return. I admit, I sometimes have to give it a couple of goes because I haven't pressed the right arrow key the right number of times, but I eventually get there without having to think too much.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Chicago_HPT »

Never mind. I started to write something and then realized I was just writing what atomdocs already wrote.
Chicago_HPT
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Chicago_HPT »

atomdocs wrote:The shortcut for Make Simple Item(s) is Shift+Tab, but it doesn't seem to work on an <li> tag with a single <p> inside.
For this situation, if you want to get rid of the p tag (the one on the same line as the li) you can "unbind" the paragraph by clicking somewhere on the line and then pressing Ctrl+Shift+U.

Cheers,
-jeff