How can I mash my projects together effectively?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
kmorrison
Sr. Propeller Head

How can I mash my projects together effectively?

Post by kmorrison »

Currently, my company publishes a bunch help systems, covering assorted different but related subjects. They live in different Flare projects, in part because the sheer volume of content would have made it highly impractical to keep them together a few years ago. Back then, we had an older version of Flare and less powerful computers that tended to run out of memory when compiling.

I'd like to merge the many guides into a single Flare project so that we can eliminate some duplication, and also so there can be cross-references between topics in different guides and Flare can help us avoid broken links. However, when I import everything into a single enormous Flare project with thousands of topics, it still lags more than I'd like for everyday authoring. (The output, however, behaves well, and compiling is a reliable process.)

How, when using Flare as an authoring tool, do you manage an enormous amount of interconnected content and ensure that all of the cross-references are correct? Is the solution a Flare feature that I ought to know about? A third party tool to check links? Petitioning the budget fairies to provide faster computers for everyone?
kmorrison
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: How can I mash my projects together effectively?

Post by kmorrison »

Just so you have some idea of the scale of this project, my combined content folder includes 12,736 files, 5500 of which are topics.