Different page numbering in TOC and content page

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
huptcom
Jr. Propeller Head

Different page numbering in TOC and content page

Post by huptcom »

I have created a document with multiple content pages containing long tables. The tables run over several pages.
I noticed the following behavior: The page numbers in the TOC, Xrefs, and Index differ from the page numbers on the content pages.
The links still work fine, i.e. the target content is displayed correctly.
To find the cause, I built the document topic by topic. The effect only occurs when a certain number of topics is exceeded.

Any suggestions?
sboltz
Propeller Head

Re: Different page numbering in TOC and content page

Post by sboltz »

We have a similar problem and our topics are using tables too. The document is only 8 pages but the page numbers go to 9. For example, it shows 1 of 9 in the footer and some cross-references say page 9 when it should be page 8.

I tried playing with all the TOC entry properties to ensure that Auto-end on left page is disabled. That didn't fix it so I tried default and enabled which didn't work either. The only thing I was able to get to work was changing it in such a way that it actually created 9 pages instead of 8.

I'd love any suggestions on this as well.
Suzette
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Sounds very much like a bug to me - click the link in my signature to report it and see what Tech Support have to say on the matter, they may be able to sort you out.

And welcome to the forums, huptcom!
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
huptcom
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by huptcom »

Update:
MC TechSupport found the cause for this issue. A CSS style I use to format crossreferences in tables includes a variable. The workaround is to remove the variable.
The original response from MC:
"It seems that this issue is caused by the mc-format CSS property located under MadCap|xref for the class 'TOCPageNumber'. The mc-format property is using a variable lng.onPage, which translates to a p. If I were to remove this variable and manually typed in the p, I notice that the page numbering is resolved. Please let me know if this solution works for you."

-> Yes, it worked. But I must seek for an alternative way to handle translations for this specific XRefs.