List of CSS elements for controlling skin

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Liz Gregory
Propeller Head

List of CSS elements for controlling skin

Post by Liz Gregory »

Hi, I've done some rooting around and can't see what I need, so asking here.

I want to be able to make changes to skin elements that aren't included in the Flare skin editor.

I found this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29006 which gave info on how to add a border to the top nav header bar using CSS in the default style sheet. That's a great start, but I'm trying to get a list of what other CSS elements I can add in there to make changes. For example, that post offers nav.tab-bar as an element that can be styled, but searching that on the web isn't coming up with much. Can anyone point me at a list of the elements I could use?

Thanks very much!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: List of CSS elements for controlling skin

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I'm fairly sure you can add what you like in the "regular" stylesheet, but the question is knowing what you might want to add! In order to identify things, look at the compiled output in Chrome/IE etc and use the Inspect Source thing. That way you can identify which elements you might want to change. If you post them here, others might be able to direct you to a more sensible way to adjust those bits you want to change.

I appreciate that might be a bit of a "blunt object" approach and hopefully others will be along to be more precise.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

There isn't a list, so if you want to style something that's not in the skin, then you have do it manually - like CM suggests.

Press F12 to show developer tools (in most browsers), and use the inspect option (normally a pointer icon) to select an item on the page, and show its HTML and CSS.
I usually experiment by adding CSS in the developer tools, then once I've got it right then I add the CSS to my Flare project.
Liz Gregory
Propeller Head

Post by Liz Gregory »

It's a whole new world. I shall give it a go, thanks for replies.