font embedding in pdf

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Isleofgough
Propeller Head

font embedding in pdf

Post by Isleofgough »

I have an issue with pdf output. Some fonts but not others get embedded. DTL Caspiri and Calibri get embedded, but the Skolar Sans does not - and the pdf substitutes Helvetica in a compressed ugly way. According the the EULA, Skolar Sans should be able to be embedded. It does get embedded from InDesign and Word on the Mac side, but not from Flare. The font exists on the Windows side and I can use it for printing from Windows in Word or Framemaker.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: font embedding in pdf

Post by Nita Beck »

Don't quote me on this, but it could be the syntax in your stylesheet. Please post the bit of your CSS where you are setting the font-family to use Skolar Sans.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Isleofgough
Propeller Head

Re: font embedding in pdf

Post by Isleofgough »

I think the issue is with the particular font. I have Adobe CS, so I can use the internet version of Skolar Sans or the purchased version. Both versions work fine in OSX. The internet version works fine in Windows for Flare and Framemaker but the purchased version have problems with the medium and semibold weights (not the light, regular, or bold versions). I don't think it is a CSS issue, as the same problem comes up with Framemaker (but not Word for Windows, for some unknown reason). I am working with RosettaType to resolve the issue.