How to set the arrow color in the menu of a top nav output?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
QPerch
Jr. Propeller Head

How to set the arrow color in the menu of a top nav output?

Post by QPerch »

I'm working on a top-nav skin, and I don't see a setting to change the color of the arrow+border of the box that appears when you hover over a menu item in the top nav bar.

Here's a screenshot of what I mean, with placeholder colors. I can change the background (black) and the box that appears when you hover over "getting started" (pink), but how do I change the color of the grey arrow tip that points to "Getting Started"?
techwrite_BC
Propeller Head

Re: How to set the arrow color in the menu of a top nav outp

Post by techwrite_BC »

Unfortunalety, I cannot provide a ready-to-use-solution, but a hint that might help.
The specific color of the arrrow is defined in a file called "Styles.css" which is located in the Output-folder in Skins\Fluid\Stylesheets.
Just use e.g. the Style inspector in the Firefox browser or a similar tool to find the exact location of the color definition.
You could change the Styles.css manually after the output which is not a very elegant way, but maybe you can think of an easier possibility.
QPerch
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: How to set the arrow color in the menu of a top nav outp

Post by QPerch »

Thanks, I'll take a look at that file.

I've tried using the style inspector in Chrome, but I don't know how to use the inspector to catch something that only appears during a mouse hover. Is there a way to do that?