Side Menu Issues

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
corinne67
Jr. Propeller Head

Side Menu Issues

Post by corinne67 »

I have a topic that is cross-referenced and does not need to appear in the side menu or top menu. However, I would like it to display the side menu if someone does use the cross referenced topic. How do I ensure that the side menu displays? It is in the TOC but it is leveled out so cannot be seen.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Side Menu Issues

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to the forums! :)

Despite that cheery welcome, I don’t think you can achieve what you’re after. A side menu depends on topics being listed on the TOC that is associated with the menu proxy from which the side menu is generated.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
corinne67
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by corinne67 »

Thank you Nita - and I loved sitting in your sessions at MadCap this year. And listening to the Listapooloza talk a couple of weeks ago
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Thanks for the feedback. ;)

Wish I could offer a solution. Maybe someone will come along and prove me wrong!
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
chrisj
Propeller Head

Post by chrisj »

This is my understanding of what you are asking: Someone is in Topic A, which contains a cross reference to Topic B. While in topic A, you don't want topic B to appear in the side menu. However, if someone goes to topic B, you want topic B and topic A to appear in the side menu.

Assuming I'm understanding your situation correctly, one way to achieve this would be to use a different master page on the topics with a menu proxy that references different TOCs (one that contains topic B and one that does not). However, the more of these references you have, the harder it will be to maintain.
Chris Jones
Product Content Manager - TEAM Software