Floating Toolbar?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
RonGardner
Jr. Propeller Head

Floating Toolbar?

Post by RonGardner »

On the toolbar proxy, we are using a Feedback button. This button opens an email message containing Flare variables that display the product name and the path to the topic on which the user clicked the Feedback button. We received the JS code to implement this from MadCap and, because this code does not work in the skin file, we had to add this to the master page. Fair enough. It's working just fine but we've run into an issue. Since the toolbar proxy is now in the master page, it is no longer anchored - as it was in the skin - and disappears when the user scrolls down far enough.

Does anyone know a good way to anchor the toolbar proxy in the master page so that it remains in the upper right of each topic? I know it involves the "position: sticky" property in the style sheet, but I'm not quite getting this right. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Floating Toolbar?

Post by NorthEast »

Just in case people on the forums are looking for the same thing, I'll post the same answer here as I did in Slack.

This is an example of using 'sticky' code to do this:

Code: Select all

<div data-sticky-container="" id="sticky_top">
                    <!-- the sticky content is anchored to the top of this container -->
                    <div class="sticky sticky-menu" data-sticky="" data-top-anchor="sticky_top:top" >
                        <!-- this is the sticky content - we anchor the top of this to the top of the sticky menu container (sticky_top:top) -->

<!-- put content inside sticky container here -->

</div>
                </div>
RonGardner
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Floating Toolbar?

Post by RonGardner »

I'll give that a shot. Many thanks!