Stle issues in Word output generated from Flare

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Saloni_Gautam
Jr. Propeller Head

Stle issues in Word output generated from Flare

Post by Saloni_Gautam »

I have the following documentation process in place:
• Content is created in Atlassian Confluence.
• Styles of Confluence and Madcap Flare are mapped.
• Content is exported from Confluence and imported into Madcap Flare.
Microsoft Word output is generated using the respective target.

I see several style related issues as follows:

• identified that <div> tag is causing style issues in the Word Output.
The issues are as follows:
 When the table inside a <div> breaks across pages, the header does not repeat.
 Style created for a Note text, inside a <div> tag, does not appear as intended.
 The images inside a div tag have border issues.
Please note that the <div> tags are extensively present throughout our project because we export content from Confluence.

• Cross references are not working for the Word output. We have used cross references throughout the Flare project. Hyperlinks are working, but then we will need to manually make the changes to around 700 topics.

It would be great if anyone can find a solution that works without having me to delete <div> tags manually or creating a new project which would defeat the purpose of single sourcing.
Also, I need a solution so that cross references work for Word output and I don’t need to replace them with hyperlinks manually throughout the project.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Stle issues in Word output generated from Flare

Post by SKamprowski »

Hello,

I would suggest to remove <div> tags in Flare's source documents, using its "find and replace" function.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Stle issues in Word output generated from Flare

Post by devjoe »

You can apply conditions to styles.
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... #Conditio2

Add a condition to the style class that is on these divs (possibly to the base div style, if the divs come in without a style class name, but then it will apply to all divs), and set the mc-exclude-action to unbind.
In the Word target, exclude this condition. This will cause the divs to not go into the Word output, but the contents of the divs will go as if the divs were not there.