Numerical Lists followed by bullets

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
kelly2835
Propeller Head

Numerical Lists followed by bullets

Post by kelly2835 »

Hi,

I have a numerical list with bullets and I want to continue with the numerical list, but the sequential ordering doesn't continue. See attachment, it goes from 1, 2, 3, bullets then back to one. I would like it to continue with 4, not sure how to fix this, any tips?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Numerical Lists followed by bullets

Post by Nita Beck »

If you really do want to have three separate lists, you can instruct Flare to start the third list as "4". Right-click the OL's structure bar at the left, select List Start Number, and specify 4.

If, however, you intend the UL to be a sublist under the third LI in the first OL, you can nest it inside the third LI. Do the following:
-- Right-click the UL's structure bar and select Move Up. That'll nest the bullet list under 3.
-- Right-click the second OL's structure bar and select Merge With Previous List. Now you'll have one numbered list with a nested bullet list.

In future, as you are crafting your lists, you can use tab to nest a list under a list time and then shift+tab when ready to return to the higher-level list.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

To continue list numbering, right-click and click Continue Sequence - this automatically sets the number, whereas using Set list start number will set a fixed number.
All this is covered in the Flare help:
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... -Lists.htm

But like Nita suggests, I'd also recommend changing your list structure so that the bullet list is inside the list item of the numbered list.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Dave Lee wrote:To continue list numbering, right-click and click Continue Sequence - this automatically sets the number, whereas using Set list start number will set a fixed number.
All this is covered in the Flare help:
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... -Lists.htm
I specifically did not offer this suggestion because Flare will continue the sequence from whatever list comes directly above. So, because the bullet list has five list items, continuing the sequence on the numerical list that follows it will begin that list with “6”, not with “4” as our friend would like. I tested this exact scenario.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
kelly2835
Propeller Head

Post by kelly2835 »

Thank everyone, this was very helpful!