New releases ??

Chainware
Propeller Head

New releases ??

Post by Chainware »

Hi all,
I wonder when the next release of D2H is coming, since there hasn't been one since a very long time.....
I am using the latest version V5, which is a very stable version fortunately, but I get the feeling the product is almost 'dead' and no developments take place anymore.
The Madcap Flare product however has multiple new releases per year.

Sjouke
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: New releases ??

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi Chainware,

DocToHelp V5 has had 2 minor updates, last one is release 1521. It's not very far away from 1518 :cry:

I hope for a new major release, like you, at least for continued support for upcoming Word versions.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
Chainware
Propeller Head

Post by Chainware »

Nice to see that DocToHelp V6 is available :)

Sjouke
Jack Konings
Propeller Head

Post by Jack Konings »

Yep, I installed it immediately and have no issues so far. I cannot test the Word 2019 support, because we will not have it implemented in our office until later this year.
Enjoy!
Jack
Chainware
Propeller Head

Post by Chainware »

Hi Jack
I will do the same this afternoon in our Dordrecht office :)
Werk ze (dutch)

Sjouke
Chainware
Propeller Head

Post by Chainware »

Hi,

I installed D2H V6 and found that my customized NetHelp themes got corrupted when upgrading the theme to the new D2H version. Theme based on 'Tabs'. The title of the Content tab is not well positioned, and when selecting the Index tab the contents entries and the index entries got mixed up (see attachment). Once selected the Index tab, the Content tab doesn't work anymore.

So I uninstalled V6, and installed V5 again.

gr Sjouke
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jack Konings
Propeller Head

Post by Jack Konings »

Hi Sjouke,

I also use a customized theme, but it is based on accordion. No problems with this one.
Maybe you could compare the old and new original tabs theme for the differences. That way it will be easier to change your customized theme accordingly.

WMS? You're kiddin', right :)

Jack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by SKamprowski »

Hello,

MadCap has some Tipps & tricks (https://kb.madcapsoftware.com/Content/D ... _Theme.htm) in its Knowledge Base for a behaviour observed with responsive themes.
But there seem to be some more issues with upgrading themes from V5 to V6. I now observe the same issue that is shown by Sjouke!
Until now, I have only one solution for tabs: start with a new theme, based upon tabs!

Update!!
The trick described above also cures my issues in upgraded Tabs themes, even though it looks completely different!
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)