Micro content featured search not honouring results skin

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
JRtechw
Propeller Head

Micro content featured search not honouring results skin

Post by JRtechw »

Flare 2019.

Have a very odd problem. I have two projects, both using the new micro content featured search results, and both with *exactly* the same search results skin.

In the search results skin, I've removed all visibility of the expand/collapse section at the bottom of the featured search and set the featured search div to display at 100% of height:

Search Micro Content Response > Size > Maximum Height: 100%;
Search Micro Content Expand > Height: 0, > Background > image: none;
Search Micro Content Fade > Height: 0, > Background > image: none;

All paddings and margins for the Expand and Fade skin components are all also set to 0.

Now, one project outputs fine. The expand/collapse bar doesn't appear at all and the entirety of the featured search snippet is displayed at the top of results. Great.

The other project, which is set up exactly the same way, displays the expand/collapse bar. I've inspected the CSS in the output, and Flare has completely ignored the skin settings and stuck with the defaults.

I have:

Copied the search and pointed the target to the copied skin instead.
Created a new skin from scratch and tried pointing to that.
Opened the skin in the text editor and tried editing manually.
Cleaned the project, restarted the PC, and republished.

The target is definitely pointing to the correct skin. It's just ignoring it. In fact, I suspect the target is pointing to an old version no matter what, because the CSS class names it constructs for the skin are from the old skin.

Has anyone come across this yet? Targets sticking with old or default skin values? I'm at a bit of a loss to be honest.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Micro content featured search not honouring results skin

Post by NorthEast »

I'm a bit confused about what skin you're trying to use.

You mention using a "search results skin", and you also mention pointing the target to the skin - but you can't link a target to a search results skin.

So, either:

(A) If you are using a search results proxy and skin, then you need to set your search results proxy (not the target) to use your search results skin. Then the search results will be formatted by the search results skin, rather than the main skin set in the target.
Also make sure that your project only has one topic that contains a search results proxy, or the whole thing will not work.

(B) If you're not using a search results proxy and skin, then the search results are formatted by your main skin - i.e. the skin you set in the target.

Help on search results proxy: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... esults.htm
JRtechw
Propeller Head

Post by JRtechw »

I think we might have our wires crossed, because there certainly is a 'Search Results Skin', and you can certainly select it as your default Search Results skin in a HTML5 target.

1. Go to Project Organiser > Skins > Right-click > Add Skin. One of the skin options is 'HTML5 Component - Search Results'. This skin allows you to style the search results page: page heading, result heading, abstract, links, featured micro content at top of results, the works.

2. Go to Project Organiser > Target > HTML5 target > Skin tab. Under Component Default Skins you can select a Search Results skin.

But yes, I assume that the Search Results skin you select for the Search Results Proxy over-rides whatever default is selected in the Target. Both are set to the same skin in my projects, however, so I don't think that's the cause.

I'd insert pictures but I don't have anywhere to host them.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

You can upload images here using the Upload Attachments tab below the comment box. You wouldn't believe the number of times I search for a method of uploading here, myself. No idea why I keep forgetting it's there. Once you've selected an image you can click the Place inline button to insert it in the body of the post.
Flare_forums_attachments.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JRtechw
Propeller Head

Post by JRtechw »

Thanks Psider, no idea that was there!