How to get back to Original Image

This Forum is for General Issues about Capture
Carsten Pedersen
Propeller Head

How to get back to Original Image

Post by Carsten Pedersen »

I'm using Capture to add notations to images. But to my great surprise it alters my original image (adding the notations) on the disk.
I don't have second chances to retake my images I thought adding the notations was done by some meta data (in the .props file added).
Is it possible to revert to the original image (without annotations) from withing Capture, or do I have to turn to my source control system?

Edit:
I discovered that I can run a profile call Replace all shapes, and this removes my annotations. But the canvas is still much larger than my
original image, how can I get this to go away? So that I just have my original image?

-cpede
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: How to get back to Original Image

Post by Nita Beck »

Not sure what to suggest other than what you’ve already posited: dig up the old image in your source control repository.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Carsten Pedersen
Propeller Head

Post by Carsten Pedersen »

Why don't you have a command to restore the original image, removing all the formatting, annotations, cropping etc. done inside Capture.

-cpede
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

If by "you" you mean MadCap, you'll need to reach out to MadCap. Although MadCap employees sometimes wander by, we're all just users here, like yourself.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!