Title Page as top level in Adobe Bookmark pane

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
RyanLang
Jr. Propeller Head

Title Page as top level in Adobe Bookmark pane

Post by RyanLang »

Hi all,

Is there anyway to set up your ToC or Stylesheet in Flare so that the title page appears as the top level bookmark/drop down in the Bookmark Pane in Acrobat. I have circled the image below to show what i mean.
bookmark pane.PNG
Bookmark Pane 2.PNG
Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Title Page as top level in Adobe Bookmark pane

Post by doloremipsum »

As far as I'm aware, those bookmarks are created the same way as the print table of contents. Each bookmark refers to a particular heading within your document, and the level is equivalent to the mc-heading-level attribute of that heading. So you could include the title page in the bookmarks pane by giving the style of the title mc-heading-level=1 in the stylesheet. Watch out though - this will also include the title page in the table of contents and any header/footer text which may refer to Heading1.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
RyanLang
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by RyanLang »

doloremipsum wrote:As far as I'm aware, those bookmarks are created the same way as the print table of contents. Each bookmark refers to a particular heading within your document, and the level is equivalent to the mc-heading-level attribute of that heading. So you could include the title page in the bookmarks pane by giving the style of the title mc-heading-level=1 in the stylesheet. Watch out though - this will also include the title page in the table of contents and any header/footer text which may refer to Heading1.
Thanks, ill give it a go.

If i was to only set the title as mc-heading-level 1 and set it to not appear in the ToC, but set the others as 2 or 3 hopefully this will work. I tried setting the title to '0' but no result. so ill try it at 1 and bump everything up 1.
RyanLang
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by RyanLang »

RyanLang wrote:
doloremipsum wrote:As far as I'm aware, those bookmarks are created the same way as the print table of contents. Each bookmark refers to a particular heading within your document, and the level is equivalent to the mc-heading-level attribute of that heading. So you could include the title page in the bookmarks pane by giving the style of the title mc-heading-level=1 in the stylesheet. Watch out though - this will also include the title page in the table of contents and any header/footer text which may refer to Heading1.
Thanks, ill give it a go.

If i was to only set the title as mc-heading-level 1 and set it to not appear in the ToC, but set the others as 2 or 3 hopefully this will work. I tried setting the title to '0' but no result. so ill try it at 1 and bump everything up 1.
Gave it ago and achieved the desired effect. the only problem is as you said the title appears in the ToC in the PDF. I thought there was a way to exclude cetain heading levels from the ToC but i cannot find it.
Can anyone help?
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by doloremipsum »

Unfortunately if you include it in the sidebar you will also include in the TOC. Both of those are looking at the same style property (mc-heading-level), so you can exclude it from one but it will also exclude it from the other (bane of my life).

A way that might be less obnoxious: create a style like this
p.titlepagelink
{
mc-heading-level: 1;
display: none;
}

On your title pages, include a paragraph of that with the text "Title Page". Then your print table of contents and sidebar will both include a link called "Title Page", which is less weird in the table of contents than the title of the document.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.